I am a non-binary frontend developer with about a decade of experience and a strong focus on web accessibility and workplace safety. Over the last few years, I have also learnt a lot about web security as well as building a healthy and productive team. Some other skills include (but are not limited to) automated testing, frontend performance, Node/GraphQL and agile practices and methodologies.
My pronouns are they/them, please kindly respect them.
Documentation (tech-writer and passionate), hiring/team building, workplace safety (minorly involved in N26 Works Council formation), agile practices (informed)
Web Tech Lead @ N26 GmbH Berlin, 2018–2020
- Grew the web team from 1 to 20+ engineers, now in 4 different offices over the world.
- Built a culture of feedback, inclusion and respect, now powering a very diverse and high-performing team.
- Designed and implemented a test automation strategy and deployment pipeline to release multiple projects on a daily basis.
Senior Frontend Developer @ N26 GmbH Berlin, 2016–2018
- Set up the groundwork for all N26 customer-facing web projects to ever come, now supporting the marketing website, the support center, the N26 webapp, the signup process and more.
- Installed high quality practices such as security, accessibility and testability, shared with all members of the web team and beyond.
- Initiated the web docs hub and wrote most of the existing documentation (70,000+ words).
Web Developer @ Edenspiekermann Berlin, 2015–2016
- Worked on a variety of frontend client projects.
- Paired with designers on a regular basis to ensure consistency between design deliveries and final implementations.
- Encouraged authoring guidelines and practices across the organisation, especially around CSS.
- Started the Edenspiekermann dev blog.
Web Developer @ Crédit Agricole Grenoble, 2011–2015
- Implemented frontend of a now-retired e-commerce platform.
- Set up Sass guidelines to author CSS which could scale.
- Designed Twig (Symfony) architecture to support theming.
- Developed a simple ad management system in PHP.
Notable open-source projects
- Sass Guidelines, an opinionated styleguide for writing sane, maintainable and scalable Sass translated in 14 languages.
- Browserhacks, an extensive list of browser-specific hacks.
- a11y-dialog , a script to make modal dialogs accessible to assistive technology users.
- Find more open-source contributions from me.
Playing pool (well, before the pandemic anyway…), hanging out with my cats, writing, cooking, and the occasional side project that never gets finished. 😅