For 3-4 people · About 1 hour
- ~1kg of mushrooms
- Some dry mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 spoon wholegrain mustard
- Some thyme
- Vegetable or mushroom stock
- Dice the onion and carrot and cook in a big pot in some olive oil on low-medium heat.
- Chop all the mushrooms and add to the pot.
- Add the thyme and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir constantly until the mushroom release their water. Feel free to add a bit more oil if it’s too dry.
- Prepare half a liter of vegetable stock to which you can add the dry mushrooms.
- Cook between 30 to 60 minutes, bringing stock with a ladle little by little, like a risotto. There should be just enough liquid so the mushrooms are not dry, but not so much that they swim/float.
- Take one or two ladles of the soup, to which you can add a spoon of mustard, and blend in the mixer until it’s creamy. Then bring it back into the pot and stir to blend it in. You can repeat this operation to adjust the creamness to your liking.
- Serve with a strong/dark beer or red wine (or both, I won’t judge) and some home made garlicky croutons.
- You can replace the olive oil with truffle oil if you have.