For 1 people · About 15 minutes
Burgers have to be my favourite thing to eat. I know, I’m so basic. 🍔 Every now and then, I like to make my own vegetarian burger with reblochon, a French cheese from close to where I come from.
- 1 brioche burger bun
- 1/4 reblochon
- 1 (vegan) patty
- 1 big salad leaf
- 1 (slice of) tomato
- 1 small onion
- Some sliced pickles
- Burger sauce of your choice
- Slice the onion into thick rings, and fry them in oil or butter until they’re softer with a nice golden color.
- Cook the patty in a pan with butter, salt, pepper and a clove of garlic. Once flipped, cover it with reblochon, crust down. Cover the pan to create some heat for the cheese to melt if possible.
- Gently toast your buns in the toaster or the oven so they’re warm and slightly crispy, then spread your sauce on them.
- Build the layers: leaf of salad, then the patty, then the tomato slice and the caramelised onions, some sliced pickles and top with the other half bun.
- I would recommend serving with fries and a relatively strong beer since the cheese is very flavourful. 🍺